University of West Attica
The object of the Department of Industrial Design and Production Engineering is the design of innovative systems and services, following the best approaches in the interdisciplinary field of design, combining creatively knowledge and methodologies from a wide range of sciences and emphasizing in the use of new technologies for the design and production of innovative products.
The purpose of the Department of Industrial Design and Production Engineering is to produce graduates, who will be able to creatively use new technologies, science and art to design solutions in the form of easy-to-use and functional Products, Processes and Systems in all production sectors. The Department responds, in this way, to the current and emerging needs for executives in industry and business in global competition.
The Undergraduate Program of the Department has been prepared taking into account the instructions of the Authority for Quality Assurance and Certification in Higher Education (ADIP) and aims to:
- provide high quality higher education at both theoretical and laboratory level,
- adapt of the educational content to the new developments of science, research and technology
- to cultivate specialized synthesis skills of sciences, technologies, methods, materials and properties for the development of innovative products and services,
- to contribute in the formation of a rational way of thinking and analysis for the solution of practical problems and for the application of theoretical knowledge in the established and modern industrial methods,
- to provide a strong and extensive scientific background with flexibility in the modern competitive international environment, meeting the needs of the labor market.
After the completion of studies, the graduate of the department has knowledge, skills and abilities that allow him to respond successfully to the competitive work environment with very good career prospects, to successfully attend Postgraduate Programs in Higher Education Institutions of Greece and abroad.
- Representative person: Georgios Priniotakis
- Contact email: gprin [at] uniwa.gr
- Address: Campus of Ancient Olive Grove, 250 Thivon & P.Ralli Str, Egaleo, 12244, Athens, Greece
- Website: https://idpe.uniwa.gr/en/