University of Ljubljana
The University of Ljubljana (UL) is a public autonomous educational, scientific research and artistic institution of Higher Education. The UL covers all ISCED areas in the first and second cycle study programs. It has around 40.000 undergraduate and postgraduate students in 23 faculties and three arts academies. UL implements and promotes basic, applied and developmental research and is pursuing excellence and the highest quality as well as the highest ethical criteria and sustainable development in all scientific fields and art.
The Faculty of Natural Sciences and Engineering hosts four departments: Department of Textiles, Graphic Arts and Design, Department of Materials and Metallurgy, Department of Geology and Department of Geotechnology, Mining and Environment. The Faculty is very diverse and offers a wide array of disciplines.
At the Department of Textiles, Graphic Arts and Design (DTGAD) three chairs cover three teaching and research areas: Textiles, Textile and Fashion Design and Graphic Arts Technology. DTGAD has accredited 6 undergraduate and postgraduate study programmes with 800 enrolled students.
Teaching and research activities at the Chair of Textile and Clothing Engineering are performed in different fields of textiles and include conventional and new textile materials, advanced mechanical and chemical textile processes, planning of textile and clothing technologies, construction of textiles and clothes, textile care, textile testing and quality control and ecology in textiles. The pedagogical staff members of the Chair provide lectures for the basic and facultative courses of the BSc, MSc and PhD Bologna study programmes in the fields of textile engineering, textile and fashion design and graphic communication that are carried out at the Department of Textiles, Graphic Arts and Design. Moreover, an important part of our mission is mentorship in undergraduate, master’s and doctoral projects as well as mentoring young researchers and researchers from the industry.
- Representative person: Prof. dr. Andrej Demšar
- Contact email: andrej.demsar [at] ntf.uni-lj.si
- Address: Snezniska 5, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Website of University of Ljubljana: https://www.uni-lj.si/eng/
- Website of Faculty of Natural Sciences and Engineering: https://www.ntf.uni-lj.si/en/
- Website of Department of Textiles, Graphic Arts and Design: https://www.ntf.uni-lj.si/ntf/en/about-faculty/departments/department-of-textiles-graphic-arts-and-design/
- Website of Chair of Textile and Clothing Engineering: https://www.ntf.uni-lj.si/toi/en/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ntfot
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ntfot/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ntfot