Istanbul Technical University
The Textile Engineering Department of Istanbul Technical University (ITU) is the first one offering textile engineering education in Istanbul, and also comes first among the top textile engineering schools in Turkey. Its history could be traced back to 1955; the year in which the textile division was established in the body of Mechanical Engineering. The school gained its current name and independent status in 1983. Therefore, it is obvious that the Textile Engineering Department is fairly new compared to the history of ITU stretching back to 250 years.
There are three undergraduate programs, Textile Engineering Program, Fashion Design Program and Textile Development and Marketing Program under the Textile Engineering Department of ITU Faculty of Textile Technologies and Design as well as three graduate programs, Textile Engineering (Master Program and Doctorate Program), Innovative Technical Textiles Master's Program and Apparel Retail and Fashion Management Non-Thesis Master's Program (II. Education) that are affiliated to the Graduate Education Institute and carried out in the faculty. The textile engineering program offers courses in English. The program is convenient for both intra- or inter- institutional multidisciplinary activities. The Department strives for the continuous improvement of its undergraduate and graduate programs. In this context, the Quality Assurance System was built up in summer 2001, considering the recommendations of ABET.
Furthermore, Master and Ph.D. programs were completely restructured in fall 2001 to be implemented in the next academic year. Hence, Textile Engineering Program is accredited by ABET. Textile Engineering Department has bilateral agreements with 14 different European University Textile Engineering Departments within the scope of Erasmus-Socrates Program.
- Representative person: Prof. Dr. Omer Berk Berkalp
- Contact email: berkalpo [at] itu.edu.tr
- Address: ITU Gumussuyu Kampusu, Inonu cad. No:65 34437, Gumussuyu, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey
- University website: https://www.itu.edu.tr/en/homepage
- Faculty website: https://tekstil.itu.edu.tr/en/home
University social media links:
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/school/itu1773/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/itu1773
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/itu1773/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/itu1773
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/itu1773
Faculty social media links:
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/itutekstil/?originalSubdomain=tr
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/itutekstil/?hl=en
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEKBe9dg5Ii1RnqmU2lypyg