The Department of Textile and Clothing Technology is one of the largest places to study for the next generation of textile engineers in Europe and stands for many years of sound teaching, but also for innovation, sustainability and thus for a modern form of the textile and clothing industry. For more than 1700 students it offers excellent conditions for a versatile study for Bachelor and Master of Science. For the approximately 20% foreign students, a wide range of Courses in English is offered. Since November 2022, a doctorate is also possible through the Doctoral College NRW.
The comprehensive range of courses on offer gives graduates of the department great flexibility and thus numerous opportunities for employment in Germany and abroad. The extensive equipment with textile machines from laboratory to industrial scale enables students to experience all processes from fiber to the finished garment or technical textile. In research projects and theses, these same machines provide the opportunity to test improvements to processes quickly and under realistic conditions.
29 professors, around 25 lecturers and more than 60 employees put their wide-ranging know-how at the service of education and into advanced research and development. Through numerous cooperative research projects with well-known companies, there is a lively exchange on current topics. The latest research content is transferred into industrial practice, and practical experience and perspectives are reflected back into research. Thanks to the extensive machinery, innovative solutions can be tested at the university before they are transferred in optimized form to the production facilities of the partner companies.
- Representative person: Prof. Dr. Lutz Vossebein, Dean
- Representative person: Prof. Dr. Mathias Beer, Student Dean
- Representative person: Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil. Maike Rabe, Head of the Research Institute of Textile and Clothing
- Representative person: Dr. Jens Meyer, Scientist at the Research Institute of Textile and Clothing
- Contact email: maike.rabe [at] hs-niederrhein.de
- Contact email: jens.meyer [at] hs-niederrhein.de
- Address: Webschulstr. 31, D-41065 Mönchengladbach
- Website: https://www.hs-niederrhein.de
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/textil_bekleidungstechnik_hsnr/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dek07tub
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2wAg1wbcyEmdakreAraokw